Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby


What have we been up to? Drew has been getting pedis and I am somehow trying to prepare for a new baby this week.

Everyone asks if Drew understands about the new baby and if she is excited. Well she has been counting down the days till her baby brother comes for the last couple weeks with squeals of joy like it will be Christmas. And she is obsessed with her baby cousin Otto so I know she loves the idea of a baby. Unlike Otto, I try to remind her that this baby is going to live in our house and be with us ALL the time. It is possible that he might take some attention away from her. Or get in the way of her managing day to day affairs around here.

She will be a great big sister though. The other day she shared her most prized treasure, her white old blanket, with her 6-week old cousin. I had a sweet vision of what a loving sister she will be. She then impatiently demanded of the infant that he say thank you to her. "Otto, say thank you." So... she has a lot to learn still about babies. But at least she will be teaching her brother and cousin to be polite.

Me? I am thrilled to meet the little guy.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you all!! I can't wait to meet the little man too :) Hope you are feeling well. Let us know if we can do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously think about him all the time. I had a dream about him last night. I am so excited to meet him. Cant Wait! Drew will be an amazing big sister. She will teach him and Otto all the tricks. Im so excited to hold him in my arms.

    ReplyDelete