Thursday, March 21, 2013

Baptism White


[photo by Plainly Taken Photography]

For a very long time I have wanted to sell my tuxedo dress all in white as a baptism and special occasion dress.


[photo by Plainly Taken Photography]

The tuxedo dress is sort of my bread and butter. Over the years I have made well over 200 tuxedo dresses in all different colors. It looks great in every color, but I especially love it in white.


[photo by Plainly Taken Photography]

White is not a color kids can wear every day, I don't think. But a white dress for a blessing, a wedding, a baptism, or at the temple is definitely appropriate and special. Girls in white are angelic.


[photo by Plainly Taken Photography]

The details of the dress are harder to see but as a coordinating fabric I use a white-on-white pindot print for the ruffles, sleeve cuffs, and tie around the waist.


[photos by Plainly Taken Photography]

I hate to add this not pretty photo after all those beautiful images but in order to see the pindots I had to zoom in, boost up the contrast of the photo a ton, and point it out to you with arrows:



Can you see them?

The close up is of the white tuxedo dress I made about a year ago for my new baby niece's blessing day. I wish I had a picture of her wearing it because she is dang cute, but I just have this picture from my phone...




It is quite the challenge to make dresses in these tiny sizes, sewing in those little sleeve holes. But they sure do turn out so cute.

You can find this dress in my shop now finally, I am so excited.

***Also, the beautiful images I noted above are taken by Heather from Plainly Taken Photography who is super talented, as you can see.

****I love this poem...

My Three White Dresses
by Linda Gay Perry Nelson

My mom bought me a white dress,
Not red or pink or blue.
She said it was a special dress
Like very other few,
There has been just one before,
A dress now put away,
That I wore some time ago
Upon my blessing day.
As a little baby clothed in my first white dress,
My dad held me in his arms,
There to name and bless.
So pure and clean was I just then,
With time to grow and learn
About the Father's plan for me.
My glory I must earn.
Now I've reached the age to judge
The wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized
In this dress of white.
So once again I'm free from sin.
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the rod and hold on tight, I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.
And if I try my very best,
Then richly blessed I'll be,
Wearing inside God's holy house
White dress number three,
So today I make this pledge:
I'll strive to choose the right,
Through this sacred baptism ordinance
In my second dress of white.

1 comment: