Friday, June 12, 2015

Dress Recap


Over a year ago I stood in front of the pantry cupboards of my old house and took some super awkward photos of me while trying to figure out my camera remote. I had made several dresses that I wanted to share here on the blog but didn't want to make a big deal out of taking pictures and ask my husband to do it. So now over a year has passed and I share the frustrating and not impressive photos of me, some hand-sewn dresses, and a very visible camera remote!


This first dress is from the Ladies Caroline Dress pattern by Mouse House Creations. The pattern and fit was great and I just added some easy design details with the white bias trim, the piece around the neck, and the sleeve trim. The owl fabric is a rayon challis from Fabric.com that they don't have available anymore.



This dress was completely self-drafted and I just wasn't at all bothered last year with ironing it before taking pictures, I guess. And below, I just stopped trying to hide the fact that I was taking pics with a remote and owned up to it.



I wear this dress once, sometimes twice, a week in the summer. It's just a self-drafted basic t-shirt type dress that feels like a soft nightgown. A great button placket tutorial I used is here.



This brown triangle and the next green polka dot midi dresses I made when I was about 7 months pregnant, but they were great last year post-pregnancy and I still wear them now too. (You can see my original midi dress I made here worn while 7 months prego!)




And that's a wrap. Nothing wrong with posting year old photos. There may be something wrong with my pathetic attempt at remote control shooting. But ah well.

4 comments:

  1. That's enough dresses for five blog posts! You look so cute in all of them! I can't believe you had three children, you look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Henley placket dress and the last two on you! We're those self drafted too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Justine! I drafted all the dresses except for the very first one!

      Delete