Monday, June 22, 2015

Ishi Dress


The lovely An from Straight Grain just came out with her newest pattern, the Ishi dress. Because it is a great design and because she is having a contest with some amazing prizes, I decided to make my own Ishi.


I wanted to model it after this crazy stripe dress I drafted for Drew a couple years ago, which still gets worn all the time.


All I needed to do was make a few extra cuts in the Ishi pattern and cut out my stripes in the different directions. These seersucker stripes are a lot more subtle then the neon orange I used in Drew's dress, but if you look closely you can see all the different stripey directions.


I love the color green on my little redhead.








Straight Grain patterns are meticulous and so nice to sew up. Thanks for checking out my stripey Ishi!


Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Love the effect of stripes in various directions :) And yes, this is such a great colour for strawberry haired little people :)

    ReplyDelete