Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Backyard Before and After





When we were house hunting back in May and we saw this house, I completely fell in love with it. And like most brand new loves I looked past its flaws. It's main flaw being the backyard which was just small and ugly. "This yard is the perfect size for a two-year-old and we can just take out those bushes, take out all the rock, plant a garden here, plant grass, plant citrus trees here, add a swing here.... It won't be that hard to make it look good." This was coming from a rookie who had never done yard work in her life.

Six months later and we're basically done. All of the work on our house has been on our front and back yard. We've planted so many trees, shrubs, vines that I've lost count. And for each one we had to dig deep holes in our cement dirt with a pick axe and shovel. By "we" I mean "mainly Jason". We love our backyard now though and it is the perfect weather to be outside playing.


So the past couple of weeks almost killed me. I was sewing so much I barely slept, hardly sat at the computer, almost forgot my husband, child, and home, and developed a horrible twitch in my right eye. I hope to never do that to myself again. Or my family. Or to my eye that is still twitching. Seriously, Jason will hardly look at me anymore because it freaks him out.

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful! I can totally relate to the "rookie syndrome". Every house we saw I would be like "Oh this would be so easy to change." Then we we actually got down to working on our yard I was shocked that things didn't magically transform in minutes like on all my HGTV shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge transformation..that green grass would be so fun to play and roll around in..for Drew that is. I love you and miss you hope you can cure that twitching in your eye now that you seem to have a break.

    ReplyDelete