Monday, November 2, 2009

Holiday Dresses

Christmas Plaid Tie Dress:











Holiday Tuxedo Dress:









This Tuxedo Dress is one that I have been dreaming up for a while now.

When I first sketched it, 1) I didn't know how I was going to create the pattern for it, and 2) it kept me awake at night I was so excited about it. It took a good time to figure out how I was going to make it. And then when I figured that out, there were so many pieces and so much construction that it took me a good time to actually make it. But the finished dress makes every ounce of energy worth it. I love it.

I love the tuxedo ruffles, the length of the sleeves, the sleeve cuffs, the pretty collar, and the poofiness and flow of the skirt pieces (poofiness is a great word). It is made out of a poplin fabric that gives it just the right weight and feel. For me, it is perfection.

And Drew has the sweetest lips in that last picture. I will look back at that picture ten years from now and remember what her sweet little two-year-old kisses were like.

15 comments:

  1. Seriously so cute!! I would wear the tuxedo dress and hat myself!! I do wish I could sew! :) And of course your model is a pro now!! Hi from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGORGEOUS!!!

    You are going to be one busy lady! I know those dresses are going to make it to the front page of Etsy:) You better be careful... you are going to have to higher assistants soon. LOL.

    If I had a girl I'd be first in line:) How about you create a sweet little boy vest for the holidays. I'll be all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! SO cute! You've got some serious talent! Those dresses are amazing. And I totally thought those lips were so darn cute too before I even read what you wrote. I can't believe how big she's getting. P.S. Love the new blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL Dresses! I am going to buy one of your dresses if I get to have a little girl one day! You are so talented. I love the hat and boots that Dru was wearing with the first dress. It gave it just the right touch and the second dress is simply GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!!! And Drew looks so cute in her Minnie costume!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chelise! That red dress is just to die for! When I saw your new header I wondered if you had made that...and you did...doesn't surprise me, you're so talented! If they ever have a project runway with children's clothing you must go on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chelise you are getting better and better. That tuxedo dress is the cutest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHIT! I missed the pumpkin voting!!!! Ok so I WILL be buying 2 tuxedo dresses and 2 holliday dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH yes and I so already noticed her lips in the last picture before I even read the post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hold up...before I buy....dang twins are so expensive! the girls will be 12 month son DEC 18th. They are only barely 16 pounds and have like 14 inch waists and long legs. SO advice:

    6-12 months ??
    12-18 months ??
    do you run a bit small or a bit larger, I need these dresses to fit for a while....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chelise these are SO cute! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm SO HAPPY I've already got my baby girl one. I am in LOVE with it. Its on a hanger in the closet and I pretty much look at it everyday waiting for her to fit into it. It is perfection and your sewing is perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup. That's definitely a keeper! Mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that tuxedo dress (they're all cute, but wow!). When Meg actually starts walking decently (so she can show it off) I totally want one!

    ReplyDelete