Monday, January 27, 2014

Romper Refashion



For refashion week I cut up an old favorite dress of mine. It's so old that I wore it in high school. I still love it but it has a couple of patched up tears on the back and some stains as well. Since I've got about five more weeks until this baby makes her appearance, it felt about time to finally start sewing for her! The rosebud fabric felt just a little too sweet for me though so I added the green stripe piecing to make it more modern and fun. I also sewed the romper up in a 6-12mo size since my babies don't wear anything smaller for very long. I picture her wearing this throughout summer! You get one picture of the romper since the back looks the same as the front and I've got no little model yet to help it look even more adorable.

Here is the dress I started out with...


There was plenty of fabric to work with, even working around the patches and the stains. Since the fabric is thin, I also cut out the lining from the dress and lined the romper with it. I cut off the pretty clear buttons from the front bodice to use with a different project sometime.


Goodbye old dress, hello my summertime baby girl!

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet re-purpose! Congrats on your coming bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! What a great way to keep the memories from an old garment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love that your baby will get to wear something that you loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute.
    love the mix of prints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see your sweet little baby in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh how fun!! I love that you have a fun romper for the summer... The fabric is adorable. I'm loving project Run and PLay! I also linked up this week, a recycled Sweater...Emily@nap-timecreations

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric you salved from the dress is just adorable, and the romper turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete