Monday, May 12, 2014

Soleil Dress



I am part of the Soleil tour today showing my version of this perfect summer dress! Lauren has all these pretty amazing things going on with her Pattern Workshop and Selvage Designs and it was no surprise to me that this first pattern of hers was perfection. I feel like it was made for Drew. She is all about comfort and simplicity, but she also wants things to be pretty. So this sleeveless, knit dress with pockets and an open back option seriously fits the bill.

It doesn't hurt that I emblazoned it with her favorite theme song either.


And the back. For the top I used an icy blue stretch lace piece. Since it is see through I had to top stitch the seam allowance up into the binding instead of down from the binding as you normally would. For the rest of the dress I used this shimmery blue knit from Joann's that is so buttery soft and is covered in sparkle.


She puts this dress on almost every day. She wore it to school (with a black shirt underneath for dress code) and all of her friends asked her if I could make them one. Her response is my favorite... "This is a one-of-a-kind."
 

But pretty much anything to do with Elsa is going to make little girls go wild. I told Drew that I use to belt out and sing my heart out when I was a little girl too, except for me it was Ariel. We are both off key though so have that in common.


See the sparkle in the fabric?

Lauren really knocked it out of the park with her first pattern. I need to make fifteen more of them. At least.

No comments:

Post a Comment