Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finished Project and Salsa


I found this metal tree/candleholder thingy as I was looking through Kohl's 80% off Christmas decor. (Which they should be just giving stuff away for free by now because we're quickly moving into February.) It was black and I spray painted it white and antiqued it a little with some brown paint. Then the funnest part was painting, glittering, and jeweling all the little wooden hearts. I screwed in little eyehole screws (probably not what they're called) and attached ribbon and wa la. I was thinking of changing out the "ornaments" and candles for the different holidays, like clovers and easter eggs. But for Valentine's Day, it looks great against my red table. Who has a red table, honestly?


And last night I discovered an amazing and easy Avocado-Orange salsa. All you do is dice up an avocado and an orange and add fresh chopped cilantro (and chopped red onion if you want too). You put it over shredded pork tacos and the flavors are amazing together. Over the summer I was making an Avocado-Watermelon salsa, and I'm telling you that avocado was meant to be partnered with juicy fresh fruit.

4 comments:

  1. Yum Chelise, that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hm. So I'm pretty sure you need to bring some of that to the play area tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creativity amazes me- I wish we could spend more time together because you are an inspiration! Can't wait to try that salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever. I swear you can't move home fast enough so we can be crafty together! You definitely inspire me to think outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete