Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Opinions Wanted

I thought I would take advantage that we were on a beach for an entire week and try to get some pictures of a new dress I've been working on. Same tuxedo dress but in a banana yellow for Easter and spring. Every time I see this dress I love it even more than the red original, although each is perfect for it's season.

Taking pictures on a beach is harder than I thought it would be. I could never get quite the right lighting. I dressed Drew up two different mornings and took probably a hundred pictures. Still I did not get one picture that tells me, "Hey, I'm the money shot."

So these are the two pictures that I am deciding on for the main photo for the dress in my Etsy shop. This has to be the picture that will grab somebody's attention even though it is one little item on a page of search results. I've asked three family members and they all like one picture best while I like the other. Will somebody agree with me? Which do you like best?

1)


2)

12 comments:

  1. I like the first one. I like the second one too, but it's a little dark and her face just seems a bit blurry. The first one is bright and cheery!

    I'm crossing my fingers that's the one you like!

    ps- love the disneyland pics...that is such a fun age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 2nd one. Now you have me curious. Which one was your choice??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first one better. I was bored and played around with the pic in photoshop. I posted the results in my art blog. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the second, she's a little marilyn monroe. You're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. definitely the second. It caught my eye a lot more than the first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the first picture, but I like the lighting in the second one better. Regardless, I don't think you can go wrong:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the first! It was sunny and cheery:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first one shows the dress better, but the second is the eye grabber! Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the first one is cuter of Drew but I think the second one highlights the dress better. Both cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Erica. But if I had to choose, I would choose number 1. And seriously could Drew get any more amazing??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them both! I think the first one is the best though:) She is so cute and I LOVE the dress. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah, I love them both. But I would go with #2! :)

    ReplyDelete