Monday, August 10, 2009

At the Sewing Machine


I have been sewing like crazy.

As much as I love staying at home every day with Drew, my mind demands that I have more than My Little Ponies and mac and cheese going on in my life. Usually this takes the form of various projects or books or ideas. Really, not a day passes that I am not concocting something in my head.

Jason recognized a moment of concoction (loving that word) last night as I sat on the couch and manipulated around a piece of black tulle. Of course he says, "Oh no. Now what are you planning to do?"

Yes, it's true that much of my concocting has led to less than masterpieces. But every once in a while I get a Picasso, feel recharged, and I'm ready to take on the mac and cheese again.

My latest concoctions (I'm going to keep saying it) are turning out to be masterpieces. I'm making patterns and dresses reminiscent of when my mom was a little girl, with some of my favorite fabric by Anna Maria Horner. There is a lot more to do and plenty to keep my mind busy for a long time.

With my brain happy, I just might be able to read the Disney Princess Look and Find book for the hundredth time today.

1 comment:

  1. very cute chelise! you need to show more of the projects...that was just a tease! we miss you guys! I wish drew was here for little Rocco

    ReplyDelete