Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Make it Work

In preparation for the Project Runway finale tomorrow, I did what I have been wanting to do for a long time... I made my very first dress! It is made from a pattern that I created and took a couple days to figure out. My model down the runway:











I love the shape and basic design of the dress. Most importantly it is very comfortable and SO easy to get on and off, which is a must to prevent Drew meltdowns. But there are some things I am going to do differently on the next one. I'm thinking a herringbone fabric would make an adorable winter dress (with tights and a button up sweater).

Once I get it all perfected, I will put some dresses in my Etsy shop, custom made for sizes 1-5 (I think).

And as for tomorrow... I hope Leanne wins!

7 comments:

  1. you are amazing! and you are my sister! and i have the cutest neice in the whole world! I love you! The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelise, you KILL me! Is there anything you DON'T do?? That is seriously an adorable dress! Lucky Drew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelise: YOU ARE SUCH A BUSY BEE! Way to keep up on your hobbies. I lvoe the dress.I'm excite4d to see in on little miss drew!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress, I like. So fun to make your kids stuff. I think I will try and attempt when I have some kiddos of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am honestly not surprised at something else you can make. You are so talented. The dress looks darling and so does Drew!! We miss you guys!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress turned out really cute! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete