Thursday, March 5, 2009

All Hail



Photo of recently dubbed Queen of Everything, affectionately known as Queenie.

There comes a point in a child's life when the cute things they did when they were little begin to be not as cute anymore. I know this firsthand. My sister Shawnda is three and a half years younger than me. She was a cute little girl and I had apparently hit the mid-elementary school awkward phase. She could do something and it would be cute. I could do the same exact thing and it would just be annoying.

When does Drew's queen antics become, well, not so cute? So she has been bossing me around lately. She tells me where to sit. She tells me what to eat. And she tells me what to do. When she first pointed to the ground and said, "Mama, sit," so that I could watch her dance, of course I sat! I thought she was so clever and funny. She is really learning to communicate what she wants, and I want to reward her for that. But sometimes I feel like her personal monkey that is there to entertain her ("Dance, monkey!" -Zoolander).

I had fun in Photoshop with this picture. I know, is it really another picture of her in the purple dress? Yes, it had to be. Because the face was perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Lol, Queenie. You still have another 14 years, that's when it'll stop being funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! And I love her face in that picture. I've started wondering the same thing about Camden...when does it get old?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post...actually all your posts are very entertaining. So, where are you going for residency?

    ReplyDelete