Thursday, April 9, 2009

Purple or Blue

She is a strong willed girl.

A few nights ago after getting out of the bath, Drew and I were picking out her jammies. I said to her, "Oh look, you get to wear your purple socks tonight." To which she shakes her head and replies, "No. Blue." That was cute to me, so I fished through the drawer to find the blue socks instead.

I'm dressing her on the changing table and slipping the blue socks on her feet when she starts violently shaking her foot. "No, no! Purple socks! Purple!" After a day of battles, this was not one I was going to pick. I went back and got her purple socks because it must have been pretty important to her. I dropped the blue socks on the floor.

The next morning I woke up to a very distressed Drew. When I walk into her room, she is reaching through the bars of her crib crying, "Blue! Blue!" She had pulled the purple socks off her feet and was trying to get the blue socks from the floor. Are you serious, Drew?

Strong willed and indecisive. Bad combination.

4 comments:

  1. lol. Does she care if she only wears one of each? It might be fun to learn 'compromise' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing... that girl needs one of each sock on her tootsies:)

    pS. Any news on the house front?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's becoming a true diva, lol! I think that's just what happens with little girlies, they have a lot to consider!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute picture of her on the slide! Can't wait to hear about the new house, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete