Thursday, December 4, 2008

Cute skirt, right?

I made it.

Pretend you have never had a washing machine. You wash your clothes by hand. And you wash a lot of clothes. And then one day you get a washing machine, and you feel like singing.

That is how I felt when I used my new Singer Profinish Serger machine for the first time this week. I wanted to jump up and sing. This skirt was conceived, worked on, and born all in one single nap time. I heard Drew waking up upstairs just as I finished the last stitches. I had never dreamed such a project could be done in that amount of time.

And just wait till you see Drew in it. I am obsessed with her and ruffles. And for once I don't care if you look closely at my work, inside and out. Every stitch looks professional with my new machine.

Are adults wearing ruffles these days?

6 comments:

  1. Very cute!! And with little black leggngs underneath...:) It's fun to dress up the girls in things I could never pull off!! Or, would probably look silly trying to pull off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your getting to be a real pro with the ruffles!!! Way cute I can't wait to see miss drew in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally impressed. Have you downloaded your project Runway application yet? hehe... they should have a a PR for kids clothing design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say except you are amazing. Will we be seeing these on Bitsy Bear in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize you were such a hard-core sewer! I wish I was!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! Drew looks adorable in it in that Christmas picture.

    ReplyDelete