Friday, December 5, 2008

It's Frightful Here

Somebody loves the snow and doesn't mind that it's 20 degrees outside.





I substituted a third grade class a while ago and we were reading a story about a boy who lived in Arizona. I was telling them how I am from Arizona and where I lived it never snowed. Everyone's mouths dropped open like it was unheard of and a boy said completely seriously, "You never had Christmas?"

I started laughing and assured the boy that you can have Christmas time even without the snow. To which everyone else in the class said, "uh uh," "no way," and "no you can't." We definitely had a hard time getting back to the story we were reading.

But it is true that watching big fluffy snow fall (which is the only kind I like) and everything covered in white definitely makes the Christmas season that much better.

The problem is come February when there is still tons of snow, the holidays are over with, and all you could use is a little sun. Come February those third graders are going to be begging for my Arizona sun.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, that is the funniest story of that little boy and I love Drew's connected mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! What freaks we Arizonans are! :) That must have been a hoot explaining that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is such a little brauty!!!

    ReplyDelete