Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I've had some time on my hands





Since Jason has been gone the last six nights or so, I've had some free time on my hands after Drew goes to bed at night. This dress is my latest creation. Since I draw the pattern on my own, I never really know if it will fit her well or not in the end. Luckily, it fits like a dream.

She is perfect to make clothes for because I could tie a trash bag around her waist and she would make it look good. But she is pretty amazing in zebra stripes.

My philosophy on little girl's clothes:

1. It should be something that I would most likely wear if it were made in my size.

2. It MUST be comfortable fit.

3. And it MUST go on and come of easy. Elastic waists are the best. Things can still look fashionable and have elastic waistbands.

I love Drew's round little belly and am sad when I have to zip and button up her jeans and they dig right in when she bends over. Babies shouldn't be subject to the uncomforts of fashion at such an early age.

10 comments:

  1. I'm tellin ya, Bitsy Bear's going big if you start putting these on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO CUTE!!! Chelise, you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAit!!?!?! Have you always sewn...this is custom, serious seamstress stuff. I am sincerely amazed. Now I really wish you were coming to Baylor so you could teach me.

    Orthopedics huh? Way cool. Great life I hear. I'm not sure what Chase wants to do yet....right now he is thinking something in pediatrics. Did Jason know in the beginning? Did it change?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me sick. I will no longer sugar-coat it or compliment you on how wonderful of a sewer you are. You are out of control, and must be stopped! Your dang outfits look professional. I will say it once again...you make me sick.

    And I say this with all my love. :) You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you busted that out in one night... personal patterna nd all!! I need some lessons sista!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, now can you make that in a size 2 for me? OK, great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone else said my thoughts. No, I'm not just being a friend by telling you awesome job. I'm really really meaning it! Being so close to having two little girls, I have seen whats out there. All the latest stuff. Some I drool over and bypass because its so pricey (especially when I need two) and some looks total grandma, and some things out there just aren't anything special. I wish you had all the time in the world...this is the kind of outfit I want my girls in! I got your comment about the skirts...Oh how I LOVE You!! You're so dang cute! Here's the real deal though, I want to copy all these outfits Drew has. P.S. Isn't her name perfect?! Little sassy outfits and such a perfect name to match! Yes I too would wear this in my own size. I have a custom chair in my family room that looks like you cute the fabric right out of it to make this outfit. And in my opinion black is the cutest and so are animal prints! MMMmmm, mmmmm, Mmmm! You nailed it SHOE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more little thing...Now if you just put some red shoes on her I think I'd fall over and die!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I saw that dress last Sunday I thought it was so cute- I had no idea that you made it!! I should have known, but wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Chelise this is Stacey Csader well now Brinkerhoff I don't know if you remember me but we were in MR. E's history class anyways I just found your blog and your little girl is so cute and that dress is so cute I want one for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete