Friday, December 19, 2008

Picky Drew


What Drew used to eat: everything.


What she will now eat: nothing.


Today I lovingly buttered and toasted up a grilled cheese sandwich for Drew's lunch, to which she politely shook her head and said, "no." Okay, since when do you not like cheese? You have always loved cheese. And when have you decided to not like anything that I thoughtfully prepare for you?


You can not live your life off of fruit snacks and Goldfish!


My dear mother was at least a two-meal maker, and sometimes a three-meal maker. By this I mean she would make dinner, and make something different for Shawnda and sometimes me if we didn't like what was made. I'm not going to lie, I was a very picky eater growing up! I hardly EVER tried anything new. Mom, did you create this monster in me??? Although I wouldn't call myself picky anymore, I am very conservative in my foods and far from adventurous. (Alright, maybe I am still a smidge picky.)


I do not want to be a two-meal maker! What is that, Drew? You are not particularly fond of that grilled cheese today? While I appreciate your politeness, "no" is not an option on the menu. So it is the grilled cheese or the highway for you.


Actually, I tossed the grilled cheese and cut up an apple instead. I two-mealed it. The girl's only 15-months old! But you can imagine what is in her future if she keeps this up.

7 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, Cali is exactly the same way. They are only a couple weeks apart in age, right? Guess it comes with the territory, but it is definitely not fun for mommy. In fact, it can be a bit stressful...hopefully they grow out of it SOON! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh has recently only wanted cereal to eat and nothing else, so frustrating! He used to be such a good eater, I don't know what happened. My mom was the same way with her kids making up to 3 different meals at one mealtime. I said that I would never do that and now I have eaten my own words. I'll definitely post pics of Nate right away. I'm so excited to have him, but now I know how labor is, I'm a bit nervous this time. I'm sure it will go fine. Hope you are having fun with family! Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan is the same way. Read "Coping with a Picky Eater". It's a great book that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny. Kash is the same way... soooooo picky. It drives me nuts! He only like junk food and I totally blame it on the grandparents:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so I just found your blog...Drew is so beautiful...and I didn't know you could sew...amazing you are simply amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. I'm with you 100%. Though I agree, 15 months is a bit early to have them hit the highway ;) Now we say, "Oh... maybe you'll like breakfast better." ;) they aren't quite so picky any more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sam is starting to get this way too. And he would really eat ANYTHING before. For lunch lately, all he wants is PB&J- which is easy and fine, but it just makes me a little nervous that he's narrowing his ways. Also, he doesn't eat as much as he used to. He's probably okay, it's just weird for me because he used to eat a LOT.
    Good luck- that's cute she was polite about it. :)

    ReplyDelete