Friday, November 21, 2008

Sneak Peek



This is a sneak peek of the flower girl dress that I am finishing up for Drew. I am too excited about it to wait until the wedding, but I can't just go show the whole thing yet. Two interesting things about this dress:

I may have cut up my senior prom dress. Don't get me wrong, Jacob Ash, I had a great time at prom... but what are the chances I would have the exact color of green fabric I need hanging up inside a dry clean bag in my closet that will never be worn again? It had to be done.

And another... I am worried now about it even fitting Drew after all the work I put into it. I made the pattern and measurements and I sware she has grown inches since I started making the thing. It is a snug fit and I can't afford her gaining any more weight until January 9. She will be laying off the Goldfish until then!

7 comments:

  1. It looks adorable! And I'm cracking up at you saying she needs to lay off the goldfish for a month. Did you ever hear how Anna Nicole Smith told her nanny to not feed her daughter so much because she wanted her to be sexy? HA! Me & my sisters always joke about that. So, Drew can join my nieces in her (our) effort to make them sexy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL laying off the goldfish...thats a good mom! starve her just so she can fit into a dress, hey we've all done it :) You're so funny! And I remember the Prom dress well- I am finishing up my highschool scrapbook and there is an entire page of you and I in our dresses. Hey so at least I have documented proof that it was a fabulous dress....now go on an cut it to shreds. We've got pictures to last

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I have used all of my homeoming and prom dresses for halloween costumes over the past 4 years! I am now fresh out...I guess I'll have to get creative some other way in the future! Can't wait to see it on her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowee zowee! She is going to knock em' dead at that wedding! I can't wait to see her in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelise I thought that was your prom dress! I can't wait to see it, it's going to look so cute!!

    Goldfish, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still stuck on the thought of you and Jacob going to prom together. :) Too funny!

    And I Can't wait to see her adorable dress. Cutting up old HS dresses--that is SUCH a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omy!! I canNOT wait to see the fianl product. You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete